The Junior classroom is a gentle and natural introduction to schooling. Within the traditions of the Reggio Emilia philosophy the key principles of the Juniors Learning Program are;
- Play - curiosity, awareness and connections through meaningful experiences.
- Inquiry - highlight a child-centred approach with a provocational basis.
- Imagination - life of the mind, active participation and expanding horizons.
- Environment - exploration of our unique site and connections to local and traditional features.
- Community - learning to be a part of a rich, vibrant and caring society.
Literacy is taught using the Jolly Phonics program, a highly-effective yet gentle method of teaching children to read and write.
Children learn music and Indonesian from Reception which establishes their diverse and holistic education from the outset.
We are integrating the Walker Learning Approach across the school. The biggest change can be seen in the Junior Primary Area where Mrs Coates and Mrs Davies have completely changed the learning space. This holistic pedagogy is based on decades of research on child development. The learning environment stimulates learning through a range of investigations, experiments and explorations while supporting the National Curriculum beautifully. You can visit the Junior Primary Learning Space to see how the space stimulates the students’ curiosity, inquiry and social interactions.