The Junior classroom is a gentle and natural introduction to schooling. Within the traditions of the Reggio Emilia philosophy the key principles of the Juniors Learning Program are;
- Play - curiosity, awareness and connections through meaningful experiences.
- Inquiry - highlight a child-centred approach with a provocational basis.
- Imagination - life of the mind, active participation and expanding horizons.
- Environment - exploration of our unique site and connections to local and traditional features.
- Community - learning to be a part of a rich, vibrant and caring society.
Literacy is taught using the Jolly Phonics program, a highly-effective yet gentle method of teaching children to read and write.
Children learn music and Indonesian from Reception which establishes their diverse and holistic education from the outset.
STEM learning is focused on the environment and the flora and fauna of the Adelaide Hills. Our focus on the natural environment benefits from ‘Kids’ Creek’ – an artificial creek system outside the classroom (featured on Totally Wild’ in 2018). The small gum tree woodland surrounding the creek allows the children to play, build and create in the natural world.